Thursday, March 3, 2016

Marco Pizza Rubio



Somebody asked me today if I wanted to get some Marco’s Pizza for lunch. I declined but it was tempting, and, after giving it some thought, I think I know why it was tempting. I am only human, and I cannot help but think of Marco’s Pizza whenever I see that Marco Rubio fellow. The dude makes me hungry. Political candidates are not allowed to appear on TV non-news/talk shows when they are running for office. For instance, Ronald Reagan movies were not allowed to be shown on TV when he was running for office. But there is no rule against companies benefiting from the candidates’ appearances. So yeah, Marco’s Pizza is benefiting greatly from the presence of Marco Rubio in the race. I will undoubtedly be placing an order with them during tonight’s debate. In another less obvious example, has anyone noticed that Colonel Sanders has miraculously been resurrected and is making appearances in KFC commercials all over prime-time TV? I think they’re up to the third guy playing Colonel Sanders already and these are effective, funny commercials. KFC is not stupid. They know that by resurrecting Sanders they can benefit from the presence of Bernie Sanders on the campaign trail. Hey, it doesn’t take a genius to figure this stuff out. 

Maybe Bernie can be KFC spokesman number four after he drops out of the race. But first, I want to see if he can win Kentucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment