Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Legendary Book Hog



I attended our library’s book sale over the weekend and, as usual, it was packed. The library sells old books, movies and music that they don’t want any more. It’s $5 per bag of books - a great deal. In the past I’ve gone to this sale with my wife. I always say the same thing kind of loudly to her at the sale each year. “Honey, we could have borrowed these books for free last week. Now we have to keep them.” That always gets a few laughs. 

Well, apparently we have this guy who comes to the sale each year and buys every history book on the table. This upsets people ‘cause they like to buy history books. He arrives early and lurks outside until they open the doors. I spoke to our librarian about him and she acknowledged that he exists. She thinks he has a used book store somewhere. She said they’re trying to find a way to stop him but they haven’t figured out how. I suggested a large box trap with some Time-Life books as bait. She said they may try that next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment