Thursday, September 8, 2016

Talkin' Trash



I hope all you American readers had a nice Labor Day. Monday holidays mess with garbage pickup day here in the states. My garbage is normally picked up on Thursday but some weeks when there’s a Monday holiday the schedule gets delayed a day and the trash gets picked up on Friday. I find it challenging trying to remember which of the holidays delay trash pickup and which don’t. There’s always at least one guy on the block who takes his trash out a day early on those weeks when there’s the one day delay, and he gets up before I do and takes his garbage out when it’s still dark outside. So I take mine out too. (Maybe if he didn’t get up so early he’d remember the right day to take out his trash.) So, yeah, I come home after work on those weeks and go out to the curb and start wheeling the trash can back to the house only to realize it’s still full. So then I look around, and make sure no one’s looking, and slink back into the house. It’s humbling.

Here’s a question! If your mailbox is on the other side of the street, can you wheel your garbage over there too? Should I not be doing that?

No comments:

Post a Comment