Thursday, September 29, 2016

Seniors Say the Darndest Things



Readers ask me from time to time why I don’t put my picture at the top of each post like newspaper writers do on their columns. Well frankly, it is tough being recognized all the time. Take this guy for instance: A famous local celebrity and his wife were at a local nursing home recently to visit her mother. The man waited in the lobby while his wife took care of some business matters in the office. While he sat there, an older man who resided there kept staring at him from across the room. The celebrity acknowledged the man and smiled. The older man continued to stare. Finally, the celebrity walked across the room, smiled at the older man, and asked him very kindly, “Do you know who I am?” The older man continued to stare silently. Finally he answered, “No, I don’t know who you are. But there’s a woman at the desk over there who can tell you who you are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment