Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Pigskin Pork Rinds



I get this newsletter that I, at best, skim. I speed read it; then I chuck it. So, there was a timely article in there Friday about what to eat during football season. I assumed it was aimed at us parents, helping us plan our kids’ diets if they play football. Drink plenty of water, lots of fruit. Don’t eat just to eat. Eat when you’re hungry. That type of thing. (Strangely, nothing about spitting. That may be mainly baseball. It’s gross when they spit in the dugout, isn’t it?) So I’m speed reading this article, learning what to eat during football season. (Keep yourself hydrated. Yada, yada, yada.) Suddenly I realized, with a jolt, that the article is not about what to eat when you’re playing football. It’s about what to eat when you’re watching football on TV! Wait. What? There’re guys out there banging heads, getting speared, tearing ACL’s and stuff, and this writer feels the need to tell TV viewers to stay hydrated? 

Let’s dedicate a whole magazine to this vital topic of what to eat while watching football. They can sell it at the checkouts. Call it TV Dinner Guide. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment