Sunday, September 4, 2016

Parking Lot Fight



One time I was leaving downtown during a free outdoor concert. Parking was scarce, and two different cars followed me as I walked to my car, hoping to get my parking spot. As I was getting into my car, both drivers got out of their cars and started arguing over which one of them was going to get my spot. I did not stick around to see who won the argument. I just left. I don’t know which one got my spot. Perhaps I should have taught them a lesson and told them “If you’re going to fight, I just won’t leave”.

Many years later I was reminded of that scene when I was leaving the YMCA one day. There was a car that, once again, followed me all the way to my car. Fortunately there was only the one car this time, so there was no fight. The driver waited for me to back out, and took my spot. The thing that made this situation different is that it was the YMCA. The Y is all about exercise, and the guy could have easily parked a little further out. So yeah, it seems hypocritical to me that people feel the need to park close at the Y…

Speaking of the Y, what’s with the big window that’s at the end of the pool? Yeah, yeah. I know it’s so you can sit out there and watch your child learn to swim. But how many parents have had to throw themselves through that window to save their drowning kids? No, I don’t know the answer to this, but if somebody could find that out and report back that would be great. I’m pretty busy with this blog…     

No comments:

Post a Comment