Thursday, August 18, 2016

Groupon



We rarely use groupons at our house but we get emails for them every day. Now we even get emails for groupons giving discounts on groupons. I struggle telling restaurant personnel that I’ve got a groupon.  Whatever I manage to say, it translates to “We’re not going to pay you full price for dinner. Yeah, you’ll get some measly amount back from the groupon company, but it won’t be that much. And yeah, I probably will err on the tip calculation, ‘cause the lighting is bad and I can’t see well enough to add back what my wife’s meal would have cost and then multiply that sum by 18 or 20%.” Beware of those restaurants that have policies where the groupon has to be presented when you order, instead of when you pay. If you’re like me, once you’ve told the waiter that you’re using a groupon, you wonder about your food quality. They may give you that odd piece of veal or goat cheese that’s been kicking around the fridge all week. So yeah, all this worrying surrounding the groupon might just ruin your meal. You might just be better off without that groupon. 

Groupon is a cool word though. I wish I had made that one up. As we approach the fall and colder weather, I may develop the "Soupon” concept. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment