Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Early Bird



We just got invited to a suite at a football game. The game is the week before Thanksgiving. That is great, ‘cause it gets pretty cold to sit outside for a game that late in the season. And I always enjoy singing the national anthem really loud in the suite. So I was very appreciative of the invitation. But I was disappointed when I saw what was on the menu for that game. Apparently, since it is the week before Thanksgiving, they are serving turkey and sweet potatoes. C’mon! This type of thing irritates me. And it happens all the time. Why do people do it? I want my turkey on Thanksgiving to be special, not a rehash of what I had the prior week. I’ve never understood the serving of turkey at luncheons and dinners the week before Thanksgiving. Hey, while we’re at it, let’s have an egg hunt on Palm Sunday, or serve corned beef hash a week before our Jiggs Dinner on St Patrick’s Day.
  
Well, it could be worse. Would they ever dare serve mushroom casserole at a football game?

No comments:

Post a Comment