Sunday, December 6, 2015

Ballet Parking



I attended The Nutcracker Ballet yesterday. It was a fun experience – I truly enjoyed it. And it was very well done. The auditorium was packed. My only complaint, if I had one, was that I had to park pretty far away and it was a cold, wet walk to the theater. In a situation like that I bet a lot of people would use a valet parking service if it was available. So, it got me thinking – why not have the ballet school’s understudies park the cars for a fee? We could call it "Ballet Parking", and the kids could do it in full costume.  This would create another profit center for the ballet school and another opportunity to grab a piece of that competitive entertainment dollar. 

Of course, Valet Parking does have its drawbacks. It always has. I heard once of an event in Detroit where the host got up in front of the audience and said, “Those of you who used the valet parking service, there is no valet parking service.” Yes, it can be a pretty easy way for an enterprising young person to steal a car. That’s why I think it’s important for the kids to park the cars in full costume. They would look trustworthy. And the passing public would see these young understudies scampering back to the auditorium after parking the cars. This would draw more attention to the event and boost attendance at future shows.  This is a win-win proposition, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment