Sunday, December 13, 2015

Security Questions



I have difficulty with the security questions we get asked before gaining access to certain websites like online banking and such. My answers to these questions are wrong fairly regularly, even though I supplied the correct answer when I originally gained access to the website.  I fail the following questions typically:
  

  •  “What is your favorite fruit or vegetable?” I have answered “strawberries”, “strawberry”, “tomato”, and “tomatoes” and fail every time.  These are my favorites but I think the computer is encouraging me to branch out and try other foods. Frustrating.
  •  “Who was your best friend in childhood?” Tough one. Did I pick the guy from the preschool or the guy from high school? Did I put David or Dave? Did I include a last name?
  • “What was the first musical instrument you learned to play?” Do we count the tom-toms and xylophone we played at preschool? The triangle in kindergarten? The wood blocks?

So, as you can imagine, I’ve been locked out of just about everything due to my repeated wrong answers.  Despite these frustrations, we here at Uncle Tommy feel these security questions are important, so we will be asking each of our readers to answer the following prior to each future login to our blog:

  • "Who’s your favorite uncle?"
  • "What author’s book are you especially seeking out this Christmas season?"
  • "Will you buy the sequel?"

You can’t have too much cyber-security.

No comments:

Post a Comment