Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Santa Fee



During my Christmas shopping today I came upon a clerk who was sorting through letters to Santa. What a fun job, I thought. She had a fine assortment of colorful notes all written in crayon. On the notes were drawings of Santa, sleds, dolls, toy trains and sugarplums. The volume of letters was huge – I’m not sure why she needed to sort through them all. Maybe the content of these letters determines what assortment of toys the store carries. Regardless, the clerk mentioned that many of the children put their cell phone numbers in their letters to Santa now. Wait! What? I asked her if I heard that right. She said that was indeed the case.  Now, as an empty nester, maybe I’m out of touch with the youth of today, but I didn’t think kids old enough to have cell phones would still believe in Santa. What am I missing here?  But apparently these kids expect a call.

Well, Uncle Tommy recognizes an opportunity when he sees one. So I figure yeah, if you want Santa to call your child, please send $19.95 along with your child’s name and phone number to our P.O. Box and we’ll guaranty a call within 48 hours after your check clears. Don’t forget to specify if the child has been naughty or nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment